Sunday, January 17, 2016

Another Half and Many Miles To Go

Hey running friend, hope your having a happy Runday. Well, I have signed up for my first Half of the year and I'm into the second week of my training.The race I'm running is a women only Half and it's called the Go Girl Half Marathon. I ran this race last year and it was an amazing event. The  medal I received is the biggest medal I have received so far. Plus, you get a great wine glass full of a super yummy green smoothly when you cross the finish. Just click HERE to check this race out. 

So, here is how my training has gone so far.

Training Week 1:

Monday:
1 mile run, ab workout (15 min.), Butt Challenge {25 squats/10 bridges/15 lunges}

Tuesday:
3 mile run and Butt Challenge {30 squats/10 bridges/20 lunges}

Wednesday:
1 mile run and Butt Challenge {30 squats/15 bridges/20 lunges}

Thursday:
2 mile run and Butt Challenge {35 squats/15 bridges/20 lunges}

Friday:
rest

Saturday:
rest

Sunday:
5 mile run and Butt Challenge {35 squats/20 bridges/25 lunges}

Weekly Total:
12 miles

Summery of my week:
This training week had it up and downs. I started the new year with a move 1 mile for 40 day challenge and a 30 day butt challenge. All was good until the 8th day of my challenges I came down with a terrible 24hr stomach bug (so I was down for 2 days, blah). So, I tried to kick things back off again on Sunday and got in a much needed long run{5 miles}, ab workout, and day 8 of my butt challenge. Now, week one is in the books and ready to start week 2.

Have you signed up for any races?
Are you trying a new challenge?

Running Wishes
Amanda :)


No comments:

Post a Comment